[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Converting BDB database from 4.8 to 4.5.
- To: Markus Moeller <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Converting BDB database from 4.8 to 4.5.
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:39:12 +0100
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0 SeaMonkey/2.27a1
Markus Moeller wrote:
I have an openldap server using libdb-4.5, but somehow my OS had db-utils
for 4.8 and I guess I run the wrong commands as I now get the following
error when starting the server. Is there a way to "downgrade" to 4.5 ?
Your question has practically nothing to do with OpenLDAP and everything to do
with BerkeleyDB. The answer is in the BerkeleyDB docs, you should read them.
Run db_recover; it will delete the transaction log files when it completes.
Unacceptable log file /var/lib/ldap/log.0000000001: unsupported log version
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/