Re: Converting BDB database from 4.8 to 4.5.

Markus Moeller wrote:
I have an openldap server using libdb-4.5, but somehow my OS had db-utils
for 4.8 and I guess I run the wrong commands as I now get the following
error when starting the server. Is there a way to "downgrade" to 4.5 ?

Your question has practically nothing to do with OpenLDAP and everything to do with BerkeleyDB. The answer is in the BerkeleyDB docs, you should read them.

Run db_recover; it will delete the transaction log files when it completes.

Unacceptable log file /var/lib/ldap/log.0000000001: unsupported log version
16

--
  -- Howard Chu