Re: best practices WRT resizing a MDB backend?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:11:51AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:53 PM -0400 Brian Reichert
> >You've suggested writemap in response to other questions I've asked
> >on this list; I think I shall take the hint. :)
>
> Is your OS a BSD or Linux?

Sorry, I did fail to present that detail; this is a Linux distro, CentOS
6.5.

> Last time I tried on BSD, it didn't use sparse files with writemap like
> Linux does.  It just made a massive file on disk of the size specified for
> the maxsize.  I.e., BSD didn't correctly support sparse files with writemap.

Perhaps unrelated, but mdb_copy, and the native 'cp' and 'tar'
commands do handle sparse files files correctly.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large