[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Create Distribution List
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Create Distribution List
- From: Jerry <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 05:23:10 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=seibercom.net; s=google; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:in-reply-to:references:reply-to :organization:disposition-notification-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=PhS5Z4Tfk61HHAnvXds0GN9Ahlo8VIVTuYFusYvYvos=; b=WVAaOWigYc45ogrmgRGhce4p25xmtKeJ1bCd5wC2TEe6VSflPdDc2r07Ack9pMaa3J KOU82qhJLWkV0PXbgJCMRU3v+Rvc1ATX7L1frc/RojOtem49dNYn5su961g4oQQwhpOl iaeKucuVX//2Z7mdAI1m0K9FxB9OYnCwwmnGc=
- In-reply-to: <53E88745020000A1000169AF@gwsmtp1.uni-regensburg.de>
- Organization: seibercom.net
- References: <20140810102023.35b4a4f9@scorpio> <53E88745020000A1000169AF@gwsmtp1.uni-regensburg.de>
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:05:09 +0200, Ulrich Windl stated:
> >>> Jerry <firstname.lastname@example.org> schrieb am 10.08.2014 um 16:20 in Nachricht
> > I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but it is
> > probably as good as any to start.
> > I am a new user of OpenLDAP. I formerly, and still do use the MS Outlook
> > address book to store my contacts. I can duplicate most of the features of
> > the MS Address book, except the ability to create distribution lists. I
> > just cannot figure out how to accomplish this feat.
> > Using MS Outlook, or Claws-Mail on my FreeBSD machine, I can type in a
> > distribution name and all of the email addresses are filled in.
> > EXAMPLE:
> > distribution list name=my-list
> > email@example.com
> > jill@anotherISP.net
> > jim@hisISP.com
> > Some of these distribution lists are quite large.
> > I cannot fine out a way to create a similar list in OpenLDAP, which is a
> > serious buzz, not to mention deal killer in this instance.
> From what I know is that in object class inetOrgPerson you can have
> multiple mail attributes. So if you define you list as a pseudo person, you
> can get all the mail addresses. Possibly the most primitive and ugly way to
> do it.
I will have to give that a try I suppose. It is a shame that there is not a
"native" way of accomplishing the creation of a distribution list like the MS
Outlook address book affords. Actually, may MUAs such as claws-mail have this
feature embedded into their code. However, that requires me to have multiple
address books and is not what I am looking for.