Create Distribution List

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this question, but it is
probably as good as any to start.

I am a new user of OpenLDAP. I formerly, and still do use the MS Outlook
address book to store my contacts. I can duplicate most of the features of
the MS Address book, except the ability to create distribution lists. I just
cannot figure out how to accomplish this feat.

Using MS Outlook, or Claws-Mail on my FreeBSD machine, I can type in a
distribution name and all of the email addresses are filled in.

EXAMPLE:

distribution list name=my-list
john@somewhere.com
jill@anotherISP.net
jim@hisISP.com

Some of these distribution lists are quite large.

I cannot fine out a way to create a similar list in OpenLDAP, which is a
serious buzz, not to mention deal killer in this instance.

Thanks!

--
Jerry