Re: Why cannot run slapadd -l backup.ldif which requires deprecated lsapd.conf?

--On August 9, 2014 at 11:43:13 AM +1000 jupiter <jupiter.hce@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Quanah, that was exactly I was looking for. The problem is, it
only works if I copied the whole /etc/openldap/slapd.d from the backup
machine to the restore machine.

Would that "slapadd -l backup.ldif" restore the /etc/openldap/slapd.d?
If not, it will be certianly fail if restoring backup.ldf to a new
machine which has different slapd.d.

You can backup cn=config using slapcat, as documented in the man pages. You can restore cn=config using slapadd, as documented in the man pages.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc