Incremental backup with LMDB

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank Howard for this great work he has done on the backend LMDB. By design, LMDB does not produce Write Ahead Log. However, WAL are the cornerstone of incremental backup and Point in time recovery. I noticed, in this paper (published in 2011, if i'm correct)

http://www.openldap.org/pub/hyc/mdm-paper.pdf

that incremental backup is among the future Work. What is the exact status of incremental backup with the LMDB Backend ? This feature is certainly highly expected.

Regards.