Re: syncrepl_del_nonpresent leading to directory implosion

Aaron Bennett wrote:
Hi,

I’ve got a two-node MMR setup using syncrepl running 2.4.36 with back-bdb.

Last night, between 1/3 and 1/2 of the entries in our directory disappeared.
Fortunately I have olcLogLeve=sync set, so I think I have a line on what happened…

I see this at 4AM long of the morning before the fun started:

Jul  7 04:19:30 zoot slapd[15011]: bdb(dc=clarku,dc=edu): Lock table is out of
available lock entries

Jul  7 04:19:30 zoot slapd[15011]: => bdb_idl_insert_key: c_get failed: Cannot
allocate memory (12)

What happened?  Did I get hit by an oddball BDB/Syncrepl behavior?  Do I have
a bad misconfiguration in my replication setup?

You have a bad misconfig in your BDB, you need to configure a larger lock table.

and the syncrepl code probably needs to be fixed to quit if the backend returns an LDAP_OTHER error code like this. Please submit an ITS for this.

Thanks for your time,

Aaron

----

Manager of Systems Administration