Re: sizelimit issue in openldap + lmdb environment

--On Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:48 AM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Ajit K Jena wrote:
Hi,

We have been openldap user for long time with BDB backend.
Now I am trying to migrate to LMDB backend. In our environment
we are trying to enforce a limit specified below:

sizelimit size.soft=54 size.hard=100 size.unchecked=150

This works properly in the BDB environment. In the LMDB
environment we cant get even one query answered. We get
error 11 (administrative limit exceeded). The query is for
(objectclass=*) for a single user (uid=xxx).

Has anyone see this before ? The property "sizelimit" is
concerned with ldap. How is it getting affected with change
of storage backend ? Pl guide me as to how to fix this
problem.

That shouldn't be happening; the limits checking code is identical in
these backends. More details are needed. What is the exact ldapsearch
command you used? How many entries are in the database? If you can
provide a minimal config and data that illustrates the problem, that
would be best.

Please note what version of OpenLDAP you are using as well.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.