Re: LDAP Proxy Timeout Values

On 04/06/2014 14:51, Howard Chu wrote:
>> I reported a similar issue a couple of years ago:
>
> Your issue was reported against back-meta, this post is about back-ldap. The
> configurations are not similar at all.

Agreed. I couldn't get the timeout directives to work as expected either
though. I don't know if the backends share code as far as connection
timeouts are concerned.

>> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=7372;selectid=7372
>>
>  From what I see in the mailing list archives, there was nothing to fix. The
> timeouts all worked as designed when tested locally.

It was you who suggested I file the ITS about it, with a hint to
Pierangelo as to where the problem might be:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201208/msg00247.html

That was more to do with back-meta not falling through to alternative
targets, but the timeouts didn't seem to behave as expected either.

--
Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton@le.ac.uk
HPC Architect                                http://www.le.ac.uk/its/