Re: LDAP Proxy Timeout Values

On 03/06/2014 16:34, Jack Kielsmeier wrote:
> We are running OpenLDAP 2.4.23. Part of our implementation proxies to an Active Directory server. Whenever connectivity to the AD server is interrupted, queries to the non-proxied portion of our implementation take a very long time and cause many issues with querying services.

I reported a similar issue a couple of years ago:

http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=7372;selectid=7372

That was with 2.4.32. I don't think it's been fixed since, but I've
worked around it with a slightly unpleasant out-of-band check on our
domain controllers which reconfigures OpenLDAP when it detects a DC
going out of service.

--
Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton@le.ac.uk
HPC Architect                                http://www.le.ac.uk/its/