openldap 2.4(slave) replication to openldap2.3(provider not working

Hi All

I have just registered on the mail list seeking for assistance of how to get openldap replication working  between 2.3 and 2.4 openldap.

My provider is running on 2.3(openldap)  which replicates successfully to a 2.3(openldap slave).  Recently we build a rhel6 host that comes with openldap 2.4 with the intention to run openldap on it as slave.

I have stand up the new slave(2.4 openldap) using the same configuration of the other running slave(2.3openldap)
I have managed to slapadd the ldif  of the master to the new slave
slapadd -l /tmp/AAA01_20140314.ldif

However, if I try and search for entries, it shows the following but I am expecting 32K objects

[root@vm-nix-t01 ldap]# ldapsearch -x -h 127.0.0.1 "Objectclass=*" 1:1
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: Objectclass=*
# requesting: 1:1
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

I also don't see any replication details in /var/log/slapd.log

Could you please show me some troubleshooting directions here

regards