Re: openldap 2.4(slave) replication to openldap2.3(provider not working

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014, Andrew Belford wrote:
> I have just registered on the mail list seeking for assistance of how to
> get openldap replication working  between 2.3 and 2.4 openldap.

Time to read the "Changes Since Previous Release" section of the 2.4 admin
guide:
	http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-changes.html

> My provider is running on 2.3(openldap)  which replicates successfully
> to a 2.3(openldap slave).  Recently we build a rhel6 host that comes
> with openldap 2.4 with the intention to run openldap on it as slave.
>
> I have stand up the new slave(2.4 openldap) using the same configuration of
> the other running slave(2.3openldap)
> I have managed to slapadd the ldif  of the master to the new slave
> slapadd -l /tmp/AAA01_20140314.ldif
>
> However, if I try and search for entries, it shows the following but I am
> expecting 32K objects

Item B.2 at
	http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-upgrading.html
?

> I also don't see any replication details in /var/log/slapd.log

Since you don't mention how you configured replication to this 2.4 box or
what output you were expecting, I can't help on this.

Philip Guenther