memberOf values case

Hi,
I know that openldap usage behaviour is case insensitive.
In my case a client use ldap attribute values in a case sensitive way.

I've noticed that the memberOf value is created by the overlay using the
DN case used in the query and not the DN case read from the database, I
mean:

dn: cn=test,ou=LOCAL,dc=example,dc=org
changetype: modify
replace: member
member: uid=123,ou=people,dc=example,dc=org

will create a memberOf: cn=test,ou=LOCAL,dc=example,dc=org attribute.

dn: cn=test,ou=local,dc=example,dc=org
changetype: modify
replace: member
member: uid=123,ou=people,dc=example,dc=org

will create a memberOf: cn=test,ou=local,dc=example,dc=org attribute.

The case of OU entry in the database is not considered and the values
case depends on the writer client.

I'm wondering if this's a known and desidered behaviour and I should
deal with it or there's a chance to change it.

--
Best Regards,
	Matteo Perego

Xego di Perego Matteo & C. s.a.s.