Re: OpenLDAP static configuration

On 02/08/2014 09:25 AM, Jarbas Peixoto Júnior wrote:
Hi list,

I've an Ubuntu 12.04 and I'd like to install an static configraution using
slapd.conf. I've created a "slapd.conf" under "/etc/ldap" where is the
default directory to install OpenLDAP. But when I start my service through
"sudo service slapd start " it doesn't start the service using the static
configuration.

I changed the script under "/etc/init.d/slapd" so that slapd.conf will be
used through "SLAPD_CONF=/etc/ldap/slapd.conf" but then the LDAP server
fails to start.

Any ideas how to deploy a static configuration in Ubuntu 12.04?
I change on file /etc/default/slapd the option SLAPD_CONF=/etc/ldap/slapd.conf

[ ]'s
Jarbas

I changed " /etc/default/slapd" but still thr server does not start. The syslog file also contains little information about the failure:

----
Feb 9 17:58:36 localhost slapd[717]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd (Sep 19 2013 22:39:38) $#012#011buildd@panlong:/build/buildd/openldap-2.4.28/debian/build/servers/slapd
Feb  9 17:58:36 localhost slapd[717]: slapd stopped.
Feb 9 17:58:36 localhost slapd[717]: connections_destroy: nothing to destroy
---

It seems there is a backward compatibility issues with slapd.conf in Ubuntu 12.04. Is there way I can figure out what is set wrong?

Ali