[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: trouble when switching from bdb to mdb database
Aleksander DzierÅanowski wrote:
I have properly runnig setup of three multimaster OpenLDAP servers (version 2.4.36 from ltb project) with bdb database backend. Everything was working flawless so I decided to try out ânew shiny' mdb database with the same configuration - the only thing I changed was removing âcacheâ settings and adding âmaxsizeâ.
What Iâm doing and observing:
- clear all config and database on all masters. Generate new configuration from slapd.conf using âslaptestâ tool.
- on master1 I add three base organizations letâs say o=test1 + o=test2 + o=test3 using slapadd [without -w switch]
- on master1 I add some entries using ldapadd command so all organizations have now contextCSN attribute.
- starting master1 - everything OK
- starting master2 - everything OK, including succesfull replication from master1
- starting master3 - everything OK and including replication, butâ some or all other master are dying unexpectedly.
strace of dying process show:
write(2, "slapd: id2entry.c:509: mdb_opinfo_get: Assertion `!rc' failed.\n", 63) = 63
This is ITS#7662. It was fixed a while ago but the fix was accidentally
omitted from releases. Fix will be in 2.4.38.
debug log last lines:
=> mdb_entry_get: ndn: âo=test1â
=> mdb_entry_get: oc: "(null)", at: âcontextCSN"
But when I do âslapcatâ I can clearly see contextCSN for all o=test databases...
Is it bug or some possible replication configuration issue?
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/