Re: "dn: cn=admin,cn=config" adding problem

On 11/12/2013 10:23 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:43 AM -0600 Alex Moen
<alexm@ndtel.com> wrote:

[root@ldap1 ~]# slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Apr 29 2013 07:47:08) $
 mockbuild@c6b7.bsys.dev.centos.org:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.4.23
/openldap-2.4.23/build-servers/servers/slapd

If anything else is needed to help with this troubleshooting or to help
me understand what it is I am missing (which is what I prefer: to learn),
please let me know.

First thing would be to run a current release, such as:

<http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>

The build shipped by RH is ancient.

Second, it appears you are using slapd.conf, not cn=config, so I expect
you to encounter failures for some config operations.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.

Quanah,

Thanks so much for the advice and the pointer to ltb. This has solved most of my problem. I still have somewhat of an issue, but I will start a new thread about it.

Alex