Re: "dn: cn=admin,cn=config" adding problem

Hi all,

We are migrating from a Mirapoint OpenLDAP server to a new, Centos 6.4 OpenLDAP server:

[root@ldap1 ~]# /usr/local/openldap/libexec/slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.36 (Aug 21 2013 09:39:54) $

clement@localhost.localdomain:/home/clement/build/BUILD/openldap-2.4.36/servers/slapd

I have added quite a few schema, including the Mirapoint, mgrp (another Mirapoint schema), parts of RFC2307, and samba, in order to support our exported LDIF from the Mirapoint server.

So, one of the entries in the exported LDIF is as follows:

dn: uid=maxUid,ou=ndtcadministration,o=ndtc
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
uidNumber: 55083

This DN is used to track the last (or next, maybe, I don't remember how I coded this function) UID number for newly added users. Each time a user is added, the number is incremented.

Again, this was taken directly from the exported LDIF from the Mirapoint server.

When I attempt to add the LDIF, I get the following:

[root@ldap1 ~]# /usr/local/openldap/bin/ldapadd -x -D "cn=admin,o=ndtc" -W -f rg600-usersonly.ldif -H ldap://localhost
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "uid=maxUid,ou=ndtcadministration,o=ndtc"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: no structural object class provided

I am guessing that the OpenLDAP version that Mirapoint is using is less stringent than this new one, so it would allow the maxUid object to be created even though it is not exactly correct.

Any advice on this?  What would the proper way to fix it be?

Thanks!

Alex