Re: Need to Create Default Printer Entries

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Michael C. Ibarra wrote:
On Oct 17, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, MI wrote:

What I would like to do is to create a new database in my DIT, call it say defaultPrinters, which contains left side username, right side printer; i.e.:
[...]
Additionally, I would like to be able to add an allowable attribute under People, named defaultPrinters, which points to the database that I am trying to create.

So you have uid=richton,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com and you'd like to add:

defaultPrinters: ou=Printers,dc=example,dc=com

Correct, and uncertain how to do this, I assume via an LDIF?  Didn't mention this earlier, I am using Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition, shouldn't matter though.

This list is about OpenLDAP not Oracle DS. Please ask in the appropriate places for the product you are using.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2