Re: Multi-master setup in debian

--On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 09:06:24 PM -0300 Listas de Correo <toshiro.listas@gmail.com> wrote:

The Debian build of OpenLDAP is old, links to a potentially insecure SSL
implementation, and has a variety of known bugs present in it that are
known to affect replication, particularly multi-master.  Understand that by
continuing to use the Debian package, you are essentially setting yourself
up for failure when looking at using Multi-Master Replication.

Would you mind to provide me more details about the bugs and potential
problems of using Debian packages? I'm not putting your statements in
doubt, I just need to have solid and documented arguments to convince my
boss that this extra work is really needed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Seems like the changelog is a good place to start:

 http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html

You might find "Why is using the OpenLDAP server from a Linux
distribution not recommended?" interesting reading at:

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University