Re: Multi-master setup in debian

Hi Quanah,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
It is always interesting to me when someone emails the technical list, asking for guidance from people who know the most about the software, and then ignore it.

I know what you mean, I've suffered that myself :) but there's a valid reason for trying to ignore your suggestion (that I explained in a previous message).

The Debian build of OpenLDAP is old, links to a potentially insecure SSL implementation, and has a variety of known bugs present in it that are known to affect replication, particularly multi-master.  Understand that by continuing to use the Debian package, you are essentially setting yourself up for failure when looking at using Multi-Master Replication.

Would you mind to provide me more details about the bugs and potential problems of using Debian packages? I'm not putting your statements in doubt, I just need to have solid and documented arguments to convince my boss that this extra work is really needed.

Thanks in advance for your help!