Re: Multi-master setup in debian

Hi,

On 17.09.2013 16:27, Listas de Correo wrote:
> Well, that does not look so easy to me (that's why I'm asking for help :)
> ), specially considering that I already have a working LDAP working with
> several hundreds users relying on them to do their work, so it's not
> possible to me to start from scratch, I have to use what I already have
> (and not break anything in the process).

I had a similar situation here a few years ago. The only viable solution
for me was to setup a new vm, compile openldap from source myself,
export data from the old ldap as plain ldif and import it into the new
one. Then test around get to know what I want, configure it and then
slowly migrate everything from the old to the new server.

I guess you won't get around that process either. Otherwise you will
have to rely on outdated OpenLDAP versions with all the bugs that this
incurs.

I suggest starting with a new vm, compiled openLDAP and the old server
slapd.conf file and try to setup your future to be server from there.

hth
--
Technische Universität Berlin - FGINET

Bernd May