Re: invalid syntax (21) error while importing password password policy

--On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:07 PM +0000 Philip Bubel <philip@bubel.com> wrote:

Just confirmed that policy.la is in the correct place.  Here's what I have
in slapd.conf

modulepath /usr/lib64/openldap
moduleload ppolicy.la

[csadmin@XXX openldap]$ ls -la | grep pp
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    20 Aug 22 16:06 ppolicy-2.4.so.2 ->
ppolicy-2.4.so.2.5.6
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root 39824 Apr 29 03:50 ppolicy-2.4.so.2.5.6
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root   936 Apr 29 03:49 ppolicy.la

Anything else I can check?

Well, you can start slapd with -d -1 to see if it reports any issues while loading the module. However, it appears you are continuing to use the RHEL build of OpenLDAP, which is known to be fundamentally broken in a multitude of ways. Personally, I would move to using the LTB packages, adjust your configuration to use cn=config, and then look at resolving any issues with ppolicy should they remain.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra Software, LLC