Re: configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available

--On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:41 PM -0500 MÃnico BriseÃo <monico.briseno@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, all. I decided to install openldap release 2.4.36 from tarball file
with BerkeleyDB support.

According openldap documentation I downloaded and installed Berkeley DB
release 6.0

I configured the configure script as follows:

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.6.0/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.6.0/lib"
export CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS
./configure --enable-sql

Sadly, I have the following error:

configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available

Any idea?

How I did wrong?

I don't know that there is any support for BDB 6, or that it will be introduced. BDB support is being replaced with MDB support. If you want to build against BDB, then use an older 5.x or 4.x release series.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc