Re: Shadow context when modifying syncrepl sections

On 09/02, Pascal Fautrero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 02/09/2013 10:11, Yann Bordenave a écrit :
> >Hi,
> >
> >I run a 3-way multi master system and I'm replicating both configuration
> >and payload database.
> >
> >When I modify something related to the syncrepl sections,
> What do you mean by "syncrepl sections" ? You talk about olcSyncrepl
> attribute ?

Exactly, I missed the terminology.

> >  I am unable to
> >make changes on my data. I have an error message like the following:
> >err=53, Server is unwilling to perform : shadow context; no update
> >referral
> >
> >Do you have any clue about how to prevent it without having to reboot
> >the slapd daemons ?
>
> it seems you are not in a 3-way MMR topology. If I am not wrong,
> something is missing in your configuration. Your server says your
> are in a shadow-master configuration (where the olcUpdateRef
> attribute is missing). May I suggest you some docs :
>
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html
> https://github.com/benegon/openldap/blob/master/tests/scripts/test050-syncrepl-multimaster

Actually, I followed this documentation step by step to setup the
multimaster system with my three nodes. I forgot to say that everything
is working, as long as I don't touch one of the olcSyncrepl attribute.
Here is an extract of the configuration:

http://paste.meo.wf/paste/J4WsvLGK#EyzL7TLF

Indeed, this extract is replicated on all the servers.
I tried to give only the relevant parts of the configuration.
Am I missing something ?

I encounter the shadow context error only when I change one of the
olcSyncRepl attribute and I got it on every server, not only the one
where I make these changes.
I hope that these precisions will help in the investigations.

> Regards,

Yann Bordenave - Intern, R&E Infrastructure
Smartjog S.A.S. - http://www.smartjog.com - Groupe TDF
27 Bd Hippolyte Marques, 94200 Ivry sur Seine, France