Re: Shadow context when modifying syncrepl sections

Hi,

Le 02/09/2013 10:11, Yann Bordenave a écrit :
Hi,

I run a 3-way multi master system and I'm replicating both configuration
and payload database.

When I modify something related to the syncrepl sections,
What do you mean by "syncrepl sections" ? You talk about olcSyncrepl attribute ?

  I am unable to
make changes on my data. I have an error message like the following:
err=53, Server is unwilling to perform : shadow context; no update
referral

Do you have any clue about how to prevent it without having to reboot
the slapd daemons ?

it seems you are not in a 3-way MMR topology. If I am not wrong, something is missing in your configuration. Your server says your are in a shadow-master configuration (where the olcUpdateRef attribute is missing). May I suggest you some docs :

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html
https://github.com/benegon/openldap/blob/master/tests/scripts/test050-syncrepl-multimaster

Regards,

Pascal Fautrero