Re: Debian Squeeze: Slapd subtree disappears, but ldapsearch finds it | unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region

--On May 1, 2013 12:08:51 AM +0200 Denny Schierz <linuxmail@4lin.net> wrote:

hmm, bad. I try to build 2.4.35 with the Debian build files, but without
several patches. Some packages needs libldap etc. pp.

You should not try and replace the broken system OpenLDAP. Build OpenLDAP yourself out into /usr/local or /opt, etc.

Also, as I already stated, the BDB libraries provided by Debian are built incorrectly as well, and should not be used.

As for DB_CONFIG tuning, I suggest reading over <http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_Performance_Tuning#Berkeley_DB_DB_CONFIG_tuning>

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc