Re: syncrepl issue

--On Friday, January 25, 2013 2:53 PM -0500 Frank Luo <frank.luoy@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks. I am using 2.4.23

sudo /opt/openldap/libexec/slapd -V
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Mar  9 2011 11:39:07) $

I understand that delta-syncrepl will significantly reduce traffic but
that should not be the problem here. Also we have mirror mode turned
on and  I read "Note: Delta-syncrepl is not yet supported with
MirrorMode."

a) Use a current release.  That would be 2.4.33.
b) Delta-syncrepl supports MMR in current releases
c) The reason I suggest delta-syncrepl is because syncrepl is known to be problematic, particularly with MMR. If you want reliable replication, use delta-syncrepl.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.