[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to force password change upon account creation
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How to force password change upon account creation
- From: Kyle Harris <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:33:38 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=SYMBcp0qOo0o72w/QckISf6XZvmnEhbJEPQMvyy2XDE=; b=uLSdQl2hXJTAdsd6nvkmlgAS8aaYyTI+4bmm1ZJPyA+i+0n3fOBXs0XPQgW81M31Jz cs3AstJ3mcKmzGDf0dTNErVxaPyibT+LCOL2nfGFYl8qfaB7Yy41jj6slS9zGYWd5U4X OHC+02S8uZEzy9xR5HUCfolu+lut6pad9GWxTo032tcNGSVV263uMJRlYobBmxdjRBXj rIovMexmbJ7dqD4HOxGErCDlyvBBxct7JFu0LUMzJLfJ/UnGm7UIWtg7AuFHVx7IR/Fc H/uyr5WM+em5rei+BFXgH3rj9/XL7577KE2pxge7edxxKmNVxUlTXkH5wdhnCUCQYW6a g6xQ==
I have a perl script that allows for the creation of new accounts in OpenLDAP. I am attempting to find a way to force the newly created user to change his or her password upon first login. I tried setting the attribute pwdMustChange to TRUE but that attribute must not be definable upon user creation. So, how can this be accomplished so that a new user is forced to change passwords after they first log on?