Re: Index Add Failures

--On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:10 PM -0500 "Allan E. Johannesen" <aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

"quanah" == Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> writes:

quanah> I found that OSX acts different -- It actually allocates the
quanah> entire size of the database on disk, regardless of how much is
quanah> used.  That may be common to all the BSDs.

Redhat, too.  The DB is the maxsize size.  That's why I asked.

Thanks anyway.

Not sure what you are doing then.  This is not the behavior I see on RedHat:

[zimbra@ldap01-zcs db]$ ls -l
total 250588
-rw------- 1 zimbra zimbra 85899345920 Nov 13 17:23 data.mdb
-rw------- 1 zimbra zimbra        8192 Nov 13 17:23 lock.mdb
[zimbra@ldap01-zcs db]$ du -c -h data.mdb
245M    data.mdb
245M    total

[zimbra@ldap01-zcs db]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 (Santiago)

I.e., the reported file size vs the actual file size differ. So my DB is 245MB in size, not 80GB.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.