Re: Problem when I use alias with deferencing option

--On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:10 PM +0200 Paola Laguzzi <paola.laguzzi@unito.it> wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem when I use the alias. I have an OpenLdap with 450.000
entries and 450.000 alias.
When I make a search using the deferencing I obtain a wrong result.
For example:
- if I search in the alias tree  uid=xxxx I obtain zero entry but I have
the alias and I have the phisical entry
- if I search in the alias tree ou=xxxx I obtain a number of entries that
is different from same search performed on the phisical tree

I would assume that is not the intended behavior. You don't state what version of OpenLDAP you are using, which would be useful information as well.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.