Re: Slaving from Mirror Mode Masters

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

My question however remains: we have eight busy LDAP slaves.  "Should
they all slave from both masters?"

Or should they slave from the VIP (virtual IP that goes to only one
server on the basis of health checks)?

I completely understand that with mirror mode, writes go to only one
of the masters, and I can arrange that using LVS (Linux virtual
server) software, with the passive master the sorry server.  That is
not the issue.

The question is: how to arrange the eight slaves?