Re: Query regarding the Database files..

--On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:38 AM +0530 aryan rawat <aryanrawat24@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

In slapd.conf have these indexes

indexÂÂ objectClassÂÂÂÂ eq

index msisdn eq

index entryCSN,entryUUIDÂ eq

When I run the same slapd.conf under MDB I can see 2 files

 data.mdb and lock.mdb

When I run the same slapd.conf under BDB (HDB) I can see files on which
the index is created

entryCSN.bdbÂÂÂÂ id2entry.bdbÂÂÂÂ objectClass.bdbÂ
dn2id.bdbÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ entryUUID.bdbÂÂÂ msisdn.bdb alock

So does this means MDB does not do indexing if I am not wrong??

MDB does indexing, it just doesn't store the index DBs outside of the primary data.mdb file.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.