Re: slapd-meta doesn't continue with multiple uri's

On 14/08/2012 15:28, masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:
On 14/08/2012 14:52, masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:

You are.  The above is creating three targets, one pointing to host1,
one
pointing to host2 and one pointing to host3.  The rest of the
configuration is associated to the last target, the others are sort of
dangling.  A correct configuration for failover would be

uri                 ldap://host1:3268/ou=dc1,dc=local
                      ldap://host2:3268/
                      ldap://host3:3268/
suffixmassage       "ou=dc1,dc=local" "dc=example,dc=com"
idassert-bind       bindmethod=simple
                      binddn="cn=proxyuser,dc=example,dc=com"
                      credentials="password"
idassert-authzfrom  "dn.exact:cn=administrator,dc=local"

Note that URIs other than the first one cannot have the DN part (the
same
of the first URI is assumed).

Understood. However in that case the server never attempts to contact
host2 or host3 at all. Here's the output from the debug log:

Correct.  When host1 is down, host2 is contacted instead, and so forth.

If I wasn't clear, I changed the config as you suggested. The debug output I posted was from that configuration. The server never attempts to contact anything other than host1.

--
Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton@le.ac.uk
HPC Architect                                 http://www.le.ac.uk/its