Re: syncrepl for cn=config, changes fail with "tag=103 err=53 text=shadow context; no update referral"

On Monday 28 May 2012 00:28:59 Howard Chu wrote:
> Your reference is an utter waste of time. If you want to help people do this
> in the future you should simply provide the output of slapcat -n0, with the
> schema entries trimmed, and avoid the unnecessary conversion step.

So if I understand correctly, the proper way to do all this would be:
1. Create the initial online config using
slapadd -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d/ -n 0 -l /tmp/initial-config.ldif
2. Start slapd via initscript

> > 3. Stop the slapd process (Ctrl+C) and start it regularly using the
> > initscript provided by the distribution (e.g. /etc/init.d/slapd start on
> > Gentoo/OpenRC)
> And avoid the unnecessary restart step as well.
Well, this step was necessary, as it was just started manually at this point.
It won't be needed anymore based on the above steps.

> > Basic slapd.conf for seeding:
> > moduleload    memberof.so
> > moduleload    syncprov.so
> > moduleload    refint.so
> >
> > moduleload    memberof.so
> > moduleload    syncprov.so
> > moduleload    refint.so
>
> And avoid redundant moduleload statements.
Oups, must have slipped in when copy'n'pasting my config into the mail.
The original doesn't have duplicates :)