From: jehan procaccia [mailto:jehan.procaccia@it-sudparis.eu]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 3:16 PM
To: Maucci, Cyrille
Cc: jehan procaccia; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: size of bdb database, master vs replica

ok  __dd.xxx files are memory mapped files,
then which is the file(s) that contains the database ? I suspect id2entry.bdb, but why on the master the size in  KB is:
195412    id2entry.bdb
and on the slave
32    id2entry.bdb

Thanks .

Le 21/05/2012 10:46, Maucci, Cyrille a écrit :
>> but these are shared memory and doesn't matter I suppose !?

No. Those are memory mapped files, not shared memory.
IMHO, you should use shared memory (shm_key) and not memory mapped files. You'll get better performance.

++Cyrille