Re: ldapsearch: Search for Operational Attributes using wildcards

Hi Philip + Michael,

Try out the filter (ou:dn:=sales)

ok, that works, many thanks for your advice.

entryDN is of LDAP syntax Distinguished Name
( for which substring matching does
not work just like for Directory String. Look into the server's
subschema subentry to find the applicable matching rules.

Ok, in "newbie-speak" ;-) that means that there are certain objects in
the DIT that don't accept wildcards in filters, right?
I must admit that I haven't understood (yet) why that is and how I can tell if an object supports it or not. Can you point me to some kind of documentation where this is explained?

Thanks alot for your help!

Cheers -- Markus