Re: mdb hmmm....

--On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:44 PM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

I thought I'd give mdb a try to see if it will solve a performance
problem I'm approaching with my current ldap servers.  But, I have
obviously missed some key step.

I've read the slapd-mdb man page, scoured the openldap-technical mailing
list, even the faq-o-matic and the admin guide.  I'm not finding any
clues to what is causing slapadd to fail here.

You aren't using RE24. 2.4.30 mdb still needs serious patching, and there are still open bugs for back-mdb (ITS#7210 for example). mdb is still completely experimental.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.