[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

mdb hmmm....

I thought I'd give mdb a try to see if it will solve a performance problem I'm approaching with
my current ldap servers.  But, I have obviously missed some key step.

I have been running 2.4.28 on RHEL5 64-bit, using an hdb database. 

The steps I followed were:

- slapcat the existing database
- stop slapd
- build 2.4.30 and install it
- update my slapd.conf to use mdb, remove the cachesize, cachefree, and idlcachesize options
(which are not valid with mdb), and add the maxsize option set to 100GB (107374182400).

Then, I ran slapadd with -q and it blew up on me:

slapadd -q -b dc=uvm,dc=edu -l ../cheese.ldif
4f68cc21 => mdb_idl_insert_keys: c_get failed: Invalid argument (22)
4f68cc21 => mdb_tool_entry_put: index_entry_add failed: err=80
4f68cc21 => mdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! Internal error (80)
slapadd: could not add entry dn="cn=XXobfuscatedXX,ou=People,dc=uvm,dc=edu" (line=771):
txn_aborted! Internal error (80)
_                       0.01% eta 02m06s elapsed            none spd   3.4 M/s
Closing DB...

Now, just to convince myself that I wasn't bonkers, I updated the slapd.conf file to go back to
hdb and the slapadd command runs just fine.

I've read the slapd-mdb man page, scoured the openldap-technical mailing list, even the
faq-o-matic and the admin guide.  I'm not finding any clues to what is causing slapadd to fail

Frank Swasey                    | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
Sr Systems Administrator        | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
University of Vermont           |    just like everyone else.
  "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature