[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: src rpms for 2.4.30 / RHEL 6
From: Clément OUDOT [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 11:47 AM
To: Aaron Bennett
Subject: Re: src rpms for 2.4.30 / RHEL 6
Le 16 mars 2012 15:57, Aaron Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org> a écrit :
> For a number of reasons, I wanted to package OpenLDAP 2.4.30 for RHEL 6.
> If anyone's interested, you can get my package here.
You can also find these RPMs on LDAP Tool Box project, but with a specific init script and DB 4.6 :
Hi everyone --
I just want to make it clear that the SRPMS I posted are not the same as the LTB ones. Some differences are:
- built against DB 5.1.29 (latest supported version identified in OpenLDAP release notes)
- uses RH-supplied init script
- start script sources /etc/sysconfig/ldap
- only binaries and libraries are in /usr/local; manpages go into system manpath
- configuration directory remains /etc/openldap
- data directory remains /var/lib/ldap
My point in building this was to keep the system as close to a baseline RHEL 6 machine as possible, with everything in the location that someone experience with RHEL will expect things.
Manager, Systems Administration
Clark University ITS