From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: 'openldap-technical@openldap.org' <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Sat Feb 11 11:50:35 2012
Subject: Re: howto prepare automatic backups

Chris Jacobs wrote:
> You don't need to stop openldap to slapcat. You simply can't guarantee it's
> 100% up to date - which is more important when there's a lot of activity.

I think we had this discussion on this list before:
My conclusion from a customer project was if applications write several
interdependent entries you also have to shutdown those applications to be 100%
sure that you're not cutting something in the middle.

Ciao, Michael.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.