Re: Linux Authentication

--On Friday, February 10, 2012 3:18 PM -0600 Andy Carlson <andy.carlson@moody.edu> wrote:

While that logic makes sense, I have many accounts on a Sun Directory
instance that have both objectclasses.  I am trying to migrate entries
from Sun to an existing OpenLDAP instance, but because of this error I am
unable to implement this objectclass.  Ultimately, the functionality I am
trying to implement is Linux Authentication.  I have successfully added
posixAccount and shadowAccount objectclasses, but am unable to add
account.

This is why one shouldn't use Sun One Directory. It allows you to do completely invalid things. You will need to separate out your people & accounts into unique entries, as should have been done originally.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.