Linux Authentication

I am getting the following error when I attempt to add the account objectclass to an existing LDAP account:

invalid structural object class chain (inetOrgPerson/account)

I read an explanation of which the cliffnote version was “an person is a person, not an account, so the two objectclasses can’t be on the same entry”.

While that logic makes sense, I have many accounts on a Sun Directory instance that have both objectclasses.  I am trying to migrate entries from Sun to an existing OpenLDAP instance, but because of this error I am unable to implement this objectclass.  Ultimately, the functionality I am trying to implement is Linux Authentication.  I have successfully added posixAccount and shadowAccount objectclasses, but am unable to add account.

Any thoughts?  Thanks much!!!,

Andy Carlson

Moody Bible Institute

Identity Administrator | Information Systems