Re: Need help to change ldap password from client side

I think you must have to add another attributes to your ACL configuration. I don't remember the name of that ones rigth know but these are about password change timestamps.

El 24/01/2012 08:36, "Dieter Klünter" <dieter@dkluenter.de> escribió:
Am Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:51:22 +0530
schrieb sivakumar R <sivjimails@gmail.com>:

> *Dear All,
> I've recently configured a LDAP Server, I am facing a small problem
> when i'm trying to change my password from client side by giving the
> command "passwd". It is giving the following error in terminal
> Changing password for user ****.
> Enter login(LDAP) password:
> New password:
> Retype new password:
> LDAP password information update failed: Insufficient access
> passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
> Also in /var/log/messages it is showing the following error message
> Jan 24 15:43:57 mail passwd: pam_ldap: ldap_modify_s Insufficient

This ist not openldap related but question of pam and pam_ldap. Check
your /etc/ldap.conf or /etc/pam_ldap.conf

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
GPG Key ID:DA147B05