Re: How to enable monitoring in OpenLdap with cn=config Backend

Hi @All,

Am 16.01.2012 21:06, schrieb Mauricio Tavares:
>  abirndt@ubuntunb:/etc/init.d$  sudo ./slapd restart
>  Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
>  Starting OpenLDAP: slapd - failed:
>  @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.21 (Nov 14 2011 20:35:32) $
>
>    buildd@vernadsky:/build/buildd/openldap-2.4.21/debian/build/servers/slapd
>

>  If i put a space bitween the "-" and the "VVV" =>  "- VVV" the ldapserver is
>  starting, but i don't see any other behavior.
>
>  I only found the -vvv option for example with the ldapadd command:
>
>  sudo ldapadd -vvv

       You probably also need something on these lines (take with a VW
worth of salt; I do a lot of typos):

dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: monitor

i'am a little bit confused...

I created a new ldif file:

#dn: olcdatabase=monitor,cn=config
objectclass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase: monitor
olcAccess: to dn.subtree=cn=monitor by users read
dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: monitor

and added it with the following command:

ldapadd -H ldap://localhost -x -D "cn=admin,cn=config" -f cn_Monitor_modify.ldif -W

ldapadd: attributeDescription "dn": (possible missing newline after line 4, entry "olcdatabase=monitor,cn=config"?)
adding new entry "olcdatabase=monitor,cn=config"
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
	additional info: dn: attribute type undefined

Is there the possibility to provide me an file in ldif-format which i could import?

Of course i'am able to provide some more information. Could someone give me some hints, what i could do?

A Lookup inside the configuration gives me no more information. I used ldapvi and phpldapadmin

ldapvi -D cn=admin,cn=config -b cn=config

But there was no content with the new olcdatabase=monitor,cn=config...

--

Gruß Axel