Re: Not getting Password expiry message

On Wednesday, 5 October 2011 18:57:43 pradyumna dash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setted up ppolicy schema for password handling, its working fine
> except am not getting the password expiry message.
>
> Is it a known issue or am doing something wrong. am using OpenLDAP 2.4 on
> SLES 11 SP1
>
> Please suggest.

Most likely a pam configuration problem.

Test with ldapwhoami (please see man page, read thoroughly to see what other
options you need) with -e ppolicy option. If this shows your password needs to
be changed, pam should do so if configured correctly.

So, please supply pam_ldap and pam configuration.

If you can't resolve, you may want to supply your password policies and slapd
configuration too.

Regards,
Buchan