Re: connection problem with ldapmodify -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:///

On 03/10/11 21:43 +0200, Andreas Rudat wrote:
Am 03.10.2011 20:51, schrieb Dan White:
On 03/10/11 19:41 +0200, Andreas Rudat wrote:

My mail client may have corrupted this part of your configuration. You'll
of course need valid entries here.

These options are defaults in my conf. With some comments, after installing the slapd package

You'll need to create a (client) certificate and populate those two values,
or otherwise find a way to specify them while performing your ldapsearch

I don't see how you will will be able to obtain SASL EXTERNAL over STARTTLS

And again, you'll need to properly configure
TLSVerifyClient/olcTLSVerifyClient in your OpenLDAP server config.

So I added this to cn=config:

|*|add: olcTLSCACertificateFile
olcTLSCACertificateFile: /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
add: olcTLSCertificateFile
olcTLSCertificateFile: /etc/ssl/certs/ldap01_slapd_cert.pem
add: olcTLSCertificateKeyFile
olcTLSCertificateKeyFile: /etc/ssl/private/ldap01_slapd_key.pem|*

I think, thats what you meant?

... and olcTLSVerifyClient.

When properly configured, your list of supportedSASLMechanisms should
include 'EXTERNAL'.

For reference, see the manpages for ldap.conf and slapd-config (or
slapd.conf), and see the OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide.

I'd recommend depending a lot less on the howto you are reading, and a lot
more on the above documentation.

Dan White