Re: migrating from (old) /etc/shadow to LDAP

On 22/09/2011 16:10, Christopher Wood wrote:
Debian/Ubuntu: install nslcd, libnss-ldapd, libpam-ldapd, configure your /etc/nslcd.conf, and ensure you have "compat ldap" as lookups listed in /etc/nsswitch.conf for passwd, group, shadow. (I figure on the whole nss-pam-ldapd arrangement for CentOS6 too, but I haven't gotten that far yet.)

This, at least for Debian Stable and Ubuntu LTS has an important shortcoming, it does not update shadowLastChange on password change. So if you set a password expiration they will stay expired forever.

It can be made working with a patched smbk5pwd overlay in the openldap server, but that's not present in Debian or Ubuntu.

Simone
--
Simone Piccardi                                 Truelite Srl
piccardi@truelite.it (email/jabber)             Via Monferrato, 6