ldap && rwm && pcache && tranclucent (Was:: pcache crashes server)

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:57:53 +0200, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

The root cause is likely rwm. This won't fix at least until 2.5, for
reasons explained in ITSes involving slapo-rwm. Please decouple the
two overlays, at the cost of adding an intermediate proxy.

Ok, that worked, giving me two servers, the AD proxy running on a 'hidden'
port.

So if I want to proxy an AD (as 'local DB'), using rwm to rewrite it
and then cache that and then merge the object with an object in a
(remote) OpenLDAP server, IÂd need to have three (3!) OL servers
running?

    Server 1:
      AD Proxy       (overlay: ldap)
      Rewrite        (overlay: rwm)