Fwd: Re: pcache crashes server

[My reply should have gone to the list - using a new webclient at work]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: pcache crashes server
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:09:37 +0200
From: Pierangelo Masarati <masarati@aero.polimi.it>
To: turbo@bayour.com

On 09/19/2011 11:39 AM, turbo@bayour.com wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:57:53 +0200, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On 09/19/2011 09:48 AM, turbo@bayour.com wrote:
I'm trying to use pcache on my server, but it crashes every time it
gets a
'QUERY CACHABLE'...

See my config in my other thread...

What other thread? Please, always provide a link to the archives, to
help others help you.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201109/msg00160.html

I know, maybe others don't. You should reply to the list. I already gave all the advice I could.

p.

So it gets the value from the AD, transmogrifying it using rwm and sends
the reply to the
client. But when getting to the pcache overlay, it crashes...

The root cause is likely rwm. This won't fix at least until 2.5, for
reasons explained in ITSes involving slapo-rwm. Please decouple the
two overlays, at the cost of adding an intermediate proxy.

Where you thinking of ITS#6166 here (it was referenced in ITS#6997) or
some other ITS?