Re: How to replace account with inetOrgPerson?

John Kane wrote:
>> I consider it bad practice.
>
> When I went this route, I assumed it may not be 'best practice',
> but 'bad practice'?  Are there areas in the code where this might
> be a problem?

If a client application does something wrong there is one barrier less to
prevent bad data from being added.

If an entry has object class 'extensibleObject' a generic schema-aware client
has to present all attribute types found in the schema in an input form which
can get huge then.

etc.

=> Everybody should learn how to define custom object classes and how to use
relax rules control for online migration of existing entries.

Ciao, Michael.